Friday, February 12, 2010

Remember The Blair Witch Project. Did any of your friends think it was true?

No kidding, I actually had 2 friends that thought it was true! I tried very hard to get my one buddy to give me his Gibson guitar for magic beans. ( He wasn't having any of that!!!)Remember The Blair Witch Project. Did any of your friends think it was true?
I know it's lame now, but I thought it was true. I saw it when it first came out- and I totally believed it. Freaked me out!!!!Remember The Blair Witch Project. Did any of your friends think it was true?
Actually, that whole thing pissed me off 'cause when the marketing / advertising first started they made it believable and then the chick from the movie was on a talk show and said that it was all a publicity stunt. The website, the fliers, everything. I didn't go see it in the theater because I was so pissed. Sounds lame now, it was just a thing for me then. My boyfriend at the time (now hubby) made me watch it... Man did it freak me out. But the camera angles made me want to throw up. (I have motion sickness). No one warned me about that before seeing it. Still scared me though. The part 2 on the other hand, now that was just plain dumb.
Well, there are folks who believe in witches and ghosts and whatnots. It isn't strange actually for people to believe in things they can't prove exists with their five senses. Look at the belief in God for example. Another example is the belief in love.





Really, can you prove that love exists? It is only an emotion after all, there are no scientific methods of proving any emotion really exists using scientific methods, which in all reality are methods incorperating only the five senses. So, if we can't use our five senses to prove the existance of love, yet every human being on the planet believes love exists, then what is so difficult to understand those who don't rely on their five senses in understanding other super natural phenomena? Yep, anything not able to be proven by the five senses is grouped into the super natural realm. So, then, love would have to be in that group as well. If love is in the super natural realm, then it goes to figure that many other things not proven by the five senses may also be as real as love is.





Some day we may have a way of ';seeing'; many things we can not see today. Look at all the progress in electronics. Only less then a hundred years ago, there would have been those who would have never believed any of these things we take for granted today could possibly ever exist! Once man thought the world was flat. It was a widely held belief, and when Columbus proved began talking of it not being flat many believed he was mad, crazy that is.





So, today many things exist that never did before. Well, they really did exist, the people just thought they did not exist. I often wonder what we will learn in my life time that we all think is impossible. Witches? Ghosts? A new solar system where life exists? The ability to ';beem us up Scotty';! Who really knows?





Hope this helps you stop thinking of your friends as total fools for thinking the Blair Witch Project was perhaps real or at least representitive of something which could be real.
Actually, no: but it did make for a great story. The film's creators did it right: letting the audience imagine the fate's of the victimized characters.





Blair Witch Project was made with, I belive, a scant $41,000 strap string budget....and it grossed a healthy 8x that in box office sales!!!
Yes, I did have some friends who thought it was true.
no but I remember right after I watched it at night there was someone in my parking lot and I couldve sworn he was looking at my window.
I don't care if it's true or not, it made me really think differently and scared the **** out of me. Cool
Do I remember it? Yeah, I'm still not over the fact that I spent 7 dollars to see that crap. I definitely wanted a refund. Thats what I remember!
i thought it was true at first then i knew it wasnt. But my friend she is kinda dumb she still thinks its real.
i thought it was true at first too...it scared me. so, sign me up for those magic beans.
Yeah, I had a bunch of friends that thought it was true, so I had to go and explain to them how it was made.





As sad as it may sound, that movie is the only movie that creeps me out. It's just the fact that it sounds and looks real. Not like...I really think there's a witch out there, but that I spend a lot of time in the woods so I could totally relate to the way things sounded and looked in that movie. i could completely imagine myself out in the wodos like that hearing creepy stuff.





Meanwhile, my best friend watched it with me, and at the end she was like, ';I don't get it. Why were they being chased by stick people?'; Argh!
hey i thought i would respond to someones answer, the movie wolf creek is based on truth i know this as my aunty used to live near where alot of it is set.
Yes many thought it was true. As well as the Chain Saw Massacre, and the recent Wolf Creek.





If you watch the Wolf Creek story ... It's good until they tell you its true, and the facts supposedly came from a man locked in a hole while some girl he never saw got at mutilated. Now tell me how could he tell what happened when he was locked away..





As for chain saw I investigated...and It Is Not True!
Believe it or not, I thought it was true, and that was the main reason I went to see it. I really was disappointed when I found out it was fiction.
Well, a lot of people did, because of their whole marketing campaign, which featured clips of local news anchors talking about the ';recovered film footage';, and ';missing students';, etc.
Actually, part of the blair withc is true....3 students did go mysteriously missing from Berkittsville (spelling?), MD in the early '90s.


And Berkittsville is notorus for being a very small creepy town with a really huge cemetary. I grew up near there, and it was a big deal to go camping in the woods because they were supposed to be haunted(this was all pre-movie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment