Friday, February 12, 2010

Got any True, Bad Date Stories? I'm collecting them for a project, thanks.?

I went out with a nice man one night and we went to dinner and a movie, and then he ask me if i would like to go dancing i said that would be fun. When he droped me off that night he said he would give me a call some time. The next day i was getting ready to go to town and i looked in my purse and all my money was gone.Got any True, Bad Date Stories? I'm collecting them for a project, thanks.?
Absolutely true. In the summer of 1964 I was working as a carhop. I bought the new contact lenses--they were hard contact lenses and I was to wear them an hour a day and work up to eight hours a day adding one hour each day. At that point I could wear them all day long from morning to night, just taking them out at bedtime. I wore them all eight hours during the day, wearing very dark sunglasses as instructed. My eyes cried all day long. I had to explain to everyone that it was the sun, eyes adjusting, I was not upset with anyone. After work I took out the contact lenses as I had a date to a drive-in triple feature. Young man shows up, first date I had wanted to date for a long time, and I tell him about my eyes absolutely closing because of lack of moisture, crying big globby tears all day, and I can't go. It's a DOUBLE DATE. He begs me to go. I do. Can't even see since my eyes will not open to get down the sidewalk to his car. I kept putting eyedrops in my eyes all evening. It was our only date. I ran across him during an insurance meeting many years later and he still remembered that date--but remembered nothing about why I was such a dud date.

No comments:

Post a Comment